- Seek to eliminate segregation and other discriminatory practices in public education
- Study local educational conditions affecting minority groups
- Investigate the public school system and school zoning
- Familiarize itself with textbook material there from which is racially derogatory
- Seek to stimulate school attendance
- Keep informed of school conditions and strive to correct abuses where found
- Investigate the effects of standardized and high stakes testing practices
- Teacher certification
- Promote parental involvement in education
- Aim to be a center of popular education on the race question and on the work of the Association
Organizations Advocating for Virginia LGBTQ+ Youth Respond to Hanover County School Board’s Proposed Restroom and Locker Room Policy
Hanover fails at every turn to create a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment for all of its students by proposing a policy that would place an undue burden on trans students to "earn" the right to use public school facilities please click link to read...
The Hanover NAACP is increasingly concerned about the changes we have seen in the Hanover County School Board over the last few years. The words and actions of certain School Board members directly oppose Hanover County Public Schools’ stated goals and mission to...
The Hanover NAACP is asking the county board of supervisors to reconsider the appointment of school board members who the organization says have made comments and taken actions opposed to the school division’s goals and mission....
Link to video recording of "What is Critical Race Theory?" presentation on July 29, 2021 at the Mechanicsville Library. https://vimeo.com/582799409
Floyd Anniversary 5/25/21: Hanover NAACP President Discusses School Renamings, Criminal Justice, & More
RTD 5/25/21 - Floyd one year later: Patricia Hunter-Jordan on Hanover school renamings, seeking equity for students of color...